As I mentioned in a previous post, we signed up for a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share, which means we get a grab-box of veggies every week this summer! We ate a lot of salad last week, and wanted to mix things up this week with a savory soup!
- 2 hot italian sausages (can substitute another type of your liking, or leave out to make vegetarian)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup (dry) or 1 can pre-cooked white beans
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, basil, paprika
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1/2 celeriac
- 1 broccoli stalk
- 4 medium red potatoes
- Prep: Finely dice onion and garlic. Cut sausage and remaining vegetables into half-bite-sized pieces.
- Saute sausage, onion, and garlic until browned.
- Add broth, kale, and beans. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Add carrots, turnip, celeriac, broccoli, and potatoes. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
Serving Suggestions: over rice or with a slice of bread on the side!