I thought it would only be fitting to start with a namesake post. These buttery shortbread cookies combine sweet New England maple syrup and refreshing green Japanese matcha. You can nibble these while drinking your afternoon beverage of choice – matcha, green tea, coffee, black tea…
The base shortbread recipe was adapted from The Joy of Cooking.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cream butter and maple syrup.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and matcha.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. The dough will be very crumbly.
- Press dough into a 9×9 baking pan. Bake for 25-30 min.